...Besides the typical financial tasks associated with administering payroll, Axcet takes a hands-on approach to addressing any challenges employees face.
We offer a comprehensive suite of Payroll Admin Services to meet your business needs.
- Dedicated payroll administrator to answer employee questions
- Online payroll entry and approval
- Online employee portal
- Online onboarding for employees
- Child support, garnishment and wage assignment administration
- General ledger payroll interface
- Job costing and labor distribution
- Access to online reports and report builder
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal) maintenance and management options
- Professionally printed paychecks & vouchers
- Direct deposit into multiple accounts
- Paycard option
- Reconciliation of payroll checks
- Customized payroll delivery options
- Certified payroll processing and reports
- Preparation and distribution of W-2 forms with online option
- Preparation and distribution of 1095-Cs as required
- Responses to employment & wage verification requests
- Time and attendance interface capabilities
- Integrated time and attendance solution (additional cost)
- Assistance with implementation of payroll best practices
Managing payroll is a recurring, necessary fact of life for any employer. But it can be particularly challenging for smaller companies. Payroll administration is complicated and, because it comes around every week, every couple of weeks or every month, time-consuming and tedious. Business owners who manage the process with Axcet’s payroll team includes payroll administrators who have passed rigorous exams to earn one or more professional certifications that require advanced education and extensive industry experience. These credentials – which include FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) and CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) – indicate high levels of competence and credibility.
An essential benefit of working with Axcet is that employees get paid precisely what they earn and receive their paychecks exactly when expected.
Getting your team paid fast makes employees feel valued and gives you one less thing to worry about. Clients that utilize our payroll services for small business provide employee hours or salary amounts and approve their payroll online. Axcet, a certified professional employer organization (CPEO), handles every other step to get payroll out the door quickly and correctly. We manage the complicated calculations and administrative tasks related to payroll, all while ensuring clients remain compliant with Department of Labor requirements.
That means clients who work with Axcet for payroll services no longer have to manage paid time off (PTO), benefit deductions, child support or other wage garnishments, overtime calculations or differing state and local taxes that must be withheld for employees in multiple states and cities. Axcet manages and administers these aspects on clients’ behalf. We also set up payroll for new hires and issue final paychecks to departing employees.
Your dedicated payroll administrator not only establishes a seamless, efficient payroll submittal process but also gets to know your business. Axcet partner companies never deal with a call center. Instead, the same payroll administrator works with you pay period after pay period – an experienced professional who learns your business goals and priorities, backed up by an entire team of payroll experts.
As your payroll service provider, Axcet prepares and distributes W-2s and forms 1095-C before the annual deadline. Our electronic W-2 option expedites the process and enables employees who elect it to receive their W-2s online.
Successful payroll outsourcing gives clients the ability to quickly analyze and translate payroll data to satisfy both internal and external needs. For example, financial institutions often request base pay, overtime, bonuses, tips and other wage verification details for employees seeking financing for a home or other major purchase. Axcet, a reliable payroll service provider, responds to such requests on behalf of clients within 24 hours. Your payroll administrator is readily available to assist with reporting needs such as these and any other external queries like audits.
Our payroll services for small business include targeted reporting for use internally, with detailed options to sort and filter each report’s output. Through Axcet’s client portal, Instant Axcet, you can choose standardized reports – including invoices, payroll registers and check journals – or create reports customized with specific data of your choosing.
Clients with multiple businesses, for instance, may want to pull employee statistical data and pay summaries from only one of their companies. Gross wages, net pay, benefits, 401K and other employee wage information all can be sorted by date range and displayed within easily printed reports that can be saved as PDFs or exported into a spreadsheet.
The specialized reporting we provide for specific business needs – such as job costing and labor distribution – gives business owners the insights they need to reduce expenses, develop on-target budgets, increase profits and accurately set prices for future jobs. Axcet’s payroll services for Kansas City companies also include accounting reports mapped to a client’s general ledger and chart of accounts. Experienced in certified payroll processing and reporting, Axcet also assists clients with the proper payout of any prevailing wage projects.
Employee access and technology
In payroll administration, the employee experience is vital to satisfaction and retention. Axcet strives to provide the gold standard in service and technology. Instant Axcet, our employee portal, empowers your workers, giving them online access to pay details, check stubs, benefits and more at any time and serving as a resource where they can get answers to such questions as how much paid time off they have available. This transparency, along with consistently paying employees on time, builds trust.
Employees also have full autonomy within the employee portal to:
- Update tax forms using an intuitive, step-by-step questionnaire format to eliminate confusion about withholding options;
- Update direct deposit accounts or separate them into multiple accounts;
- Print W-2s and benefit confirmations; and
- Update their personal information.
When you partner with Axcet for payroll outsourcing, employee paychecks can take many forms, including pay cards, also known as reloadable debit cards. Axcet clients don’t have to build a business case for this option, choose a third-party vendor or manage the relationship. We make this payroll delivery method available as part of our services for Kansas City companies.
Axcet clients’ new employees enjoy a fully online onboarding process. They simply login to a mobile-optimized dashboard, complete all tax forms, confirm receipt of their employee handbook and enroll in benefits, if eligible.
If employees ever have questions regarding online access, tax withholding and deductions or other issues, your Axcet payroll administrator can answer them. As a payroll service provider, we act as an extension of your HR staff to be a valuable resource for both you and your employees. Providing both management and employees the information they need gives everyone more time and energy to focus on their jobs.
Because successful payroll administration involves more than accurate and timely pay, Axcet offers all payroll services a small- to mid-sized company could need. Besides the financial tasks associated with administering payroll, Axcet takes a hands-on approach to addressing any challenges employees face. And, unlike other payroll outsourcing providers, clients can contact Axcet directly for assistance with:
- Paid time off. Axcet’s experienced payroll and HR teams can remove the highly detailed and cumbersome task of paid time off maintenance and management from your long to-do list, as well. We create tailored, well-functioning PTO policies that meet client goals and are easy to track. Then we integrate the policy within our payroll system, where you, your managers and your employees can see how often someone has used PTO, if an employee has carryover hours, remaining time or upcoming requests and other pertinent information. Employees may request time off, and a manager can approve or deny it through the portal. Approved PTO automatically drops to timesheets, ensuring time-off accruals and balances are transparent and accurate.
- Employee time and attendance tracking. Payroll outsourcing through Axcet can include employee time and attendance tracking, which is important for both internal business purposes and payroll administration. These numbers are necessary not only for state and federal timekeeping, but also for proper tracking of time within departments or projects.
Axcet’s payroll services for small business include several tools and reporting options to better manage your employees’ hours. Depending on your company’s needs, some time and attendance options interface directly with Axcet’s employee portal, where a single sign-in allows employees to access payroll information, as well as time and attendance data. Using Axcet’s software, managers can view and manage employees’ attendance and how much they work, including accessing punch-in/punch-out records and approving employee timesheets.
Through time and attendance partnerships, Axcet also offers advanced features, such as web and mobile clocking or time clock hardware. IP whitelisting and geofencing can ensure the security and accuracy of employees’ punch data.
- Tracking work locations for payroll and taxes. Geofencing captures the locations or job sites an employee visits during a given day. This technology benefits smaller businesses that have employees in multiple states or cities where different taxation rules apply. For example, a city tax must be paid for hours an employee works in Kansas City, Missouri, but not for time spent on the clock elsewhere in Missouri. Geofencing tracks this relevant information electronically.
If these payroll administration tasks sound difficult and time-consuming, it’s because they are. Payroll outsourcing through Axcet, a CPEO and highly qualified payroll service provider, is the answer for companies that don’t have the time, expertise and in-house resources to effectively administer payroll. These smaller businesses trust Axcet with this critical business function so they can concentrate on generating growth and the need for more paychecks.